The Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre Foundation recruits gracious donors, dedicated to arts education, to grant scholarships for outstanding students participating in the Georgia High School Musical Theater Awards (GHSMTA). Scholarships are traditionally valued between $500-1000. The GHSMTA scholarship committee thoroughly reviews all applications and selects the recipients. The committee consists of community arts leaders and educators. GHSMTA scholarships are awarded during the GHSMTA in April.
Scholarship Applicant Qualifications:
- Must attend a registered GHSMTA high school
- Must have participated as a cast or crew member in his/her high school’s GHSMTA participating musical
- Must be a graduating senior
- Must intend to major or minor in theatre, music, dance, arts administration or fine arts education in college
- Must maintain a "B" average or above in all areas of academic study
- Must actively participate in high school theatrical activities
- Recipients are required to attend the GHSMTA in April (formal attire)
- GHSMTA scholarship application & materials are due March 1, 2013, 5 pm
- Complete, print for your records and submit the online application form: GHSMTA Scholarship Application
- The following materials must be emailed to Courtney Reed by March 1, 2013:
- High school transcript (.pdf)
- Teacher reference letter
- College/university acceptance letter (.pdf)
- Personal essay:
- 2 pages, double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font
- Question: Why musical theatre?
- A creative look at the applicant’s relationship with musical theatre
- How has musical theatre impacted the applicant’s life?
- What are the applicant’s plans for future musical theatre involvement?
- Theatre Resume
- List format: show, role and company/school
- List theatre activities and extra-curricular activities (optional)
- List honors, awards, achievements (optional)
- Headshot/Picture (.jpeg)